The War of the Guilds (V2)

The place to discuss all matters involving topics from outside Rokugan.

Moderator: Shinjo Magistrates

Moto Damasko
White Guard

Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:06 pm

For those who have interest, I am an old-school MMO player (EQ era), and I recently started playing guild wars. For the price of any standard game, (50 bucks or so) you end up with what has to be the most enjoyable experience I have had in a long time for MMO's.

I used to addict on WoW, and trust me when I say, I have never had more fun doing whatever I want in a game. From exploring, to platformer-esque jump puzzles, making hamburgers by combining meat, bread and cheese at a cooking counter (You figure this recipe out on my own ;P), to spending time with lower level friends (and still getting EXP) or PVPing (also getting EXP).

Guild Wars 2 is next generation MMO, and it does it right, especially for those of us who don't want to drop monthly payments or who are more casual now that they aren't in college.
Unicorn Clan * Samurai * Gaijin Blademaster * Stands Alone * In spite of * Inugami-Mochi
"Call me what you will, but I act with passion in all things. One cannot know compassion without living with passion."
~Moto Damasko

Shinjo Silme
White Guard

Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:18 am

GW2 is truly the newt generation mmo !!!

I was waiting it for years since i was addicted to the first, but GW2 is far more than GW ever was !

I was eager to test every little idea or concept A.net have on this game (and there is a ton of it !) preparing myself to be disappointed....

But not at all !!! Every idea is simply great and brightly done ! Every little idea is a revolution !

I'm pvp player and GW2 is the only game truly competitive and balanced in pvp....
But what seduces me most is that GW2 make me love the PVE !

As Damasko said, it reunited the mmo community and break the line between wow addicts and EQ or GW additcs... It is simply the best... I have seen wow addicts who can't stand talking about GW2 before it was released and play it now hours a day !

So +1 !
"My deck needs to be about 20% cooler"
"Oh putain !" : tribute to Crabi, L5R World Champion 2012
Tournament results

Moto Damasko
White Guard

Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:04 am

I've never been owned so much in the first dungeon of a game...

Being a pioneer and figuring out a strategy for a hard encounter, or learning the timing on a boss and when to properly dodge and look for his wind-up brings thrills to you gamers who like action fighting and dodging in an MMO.

To put it lightly I can't say that I have had more fun exploring a giant sand-box of things to do.

Also that brings up another topic, no matter what server you are on once they get guesting working you can play with whoever you want on any server. Cross server chat and guilds as well as the overflow server make the server communities amorphus for anything but WvWvW (world versus world versus world).

I'll post my user name in case you want to friend me once I get home tonight.
Unicorn Clan * Samurai * Gaijin Blademaster * Stands Alone * In spite of * Inugami-Mochi
"Call me what you will, but I act with passion in all things. One cannot know compassion without living with passion."
~Moto Damasko

• Information