White Guard

Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:44 pm

-----------------------------------------
Moto Shigeru

3F 3C
-/8gc/2ph

Unicorn Clan * Samurai * Cavalry* Soul of Moto Gurban

Shigeru has +1F while she has an item

Reaction: After a Limited action targets your personality: Negate the actions effects. Permanently reduce Shigeru’s Personal Honor by the number of other Personalities you control. If her Personal Honor is now 0, she commits seppuku.
Diplomat * Host * All around fun guy

"Smiling makes me happy and others nervous"

Shinjo Dun
White Guard

Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:59 pm

As much as I loved Gurban during Diamond, I'm really not sure that reprinting him is going to have as much impact as before. While he's nice protection against limited actions, he doesn't fit into any of our themes.

Grendak
Hohei

Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:31 pm

Well, I was on the fence about this one, until I remembered about the change to seppuku. I face alot of Dishonor, I won't say auto include, but he's strong.

Iuchi Toshimo
White Guard

Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:15 pm

Gurban AND Goshi? That's two control meta reprints. Hmm.

I can see her in ToD decks. I originally discounted my ToD deck because it tended to build super units which are vulnerable to limited control. I want to Essense of Undeath this personality repeatedly.

Kwek
Eta

Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:00 am

Iuchi Toshimo wrote:I want to Essense of Undeath this personality repeatedly.
unless you can make her turn face down, card tracking would say she still has 0ph. :9
Red Crane • Kakita Yogoso's Lost Disciple
"We are all but a Kakita's strike, Perfect."

Ide Yoshiya
White Guard

Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:38 am

Shigeru, huh?

So...I realize Rokugan is not Japan, but still. They seem to just love putting masculine names on female Personalities.

That small qualm aside, however, I have absolutely no objections to this card. I wasn't around in Diamond, so I can speak to how this card played out, but the way I see it, anything that makes the opponent do something other than what he intended is good to have around.
Unicorn Clan Courtier Ambassador ∙ Cavalry

Iuchi Toshimo
White Guard

Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:17 am

Kwek wrote:
Iuchi Toshimo wrote:I want to Essense of Undeath this personality repeatedly.
unless you can make her turn face down, card tracking would say she still has 0ph. :9
Of course, and... ?
Ide Marth wrote:That small qualm aside, however, I have absolutely no objections to this card. I wasn't around in Diamond, so I can speak to how this card played out, but the way I see it, anything that makes the opponent do something other than what he intended is good to have around.
I used this personality occasionally during Diamond but don't remember her terribly well. A local Scorpion player who played against me back then cursed up a storm when I asked. He reminded me that high GC limited control, such as Kolat Assassin, became a tricky play against a board with Gurban. In Diamond, that was every deck. In EE, that's only Sword For Hire right now.

So in other words, leave her naked against control to shield the big guns (if limited control gets some powerful effects.) Since she becomes 4 force with an item, she can typically just be another personality against military decks.

Dun is right though, unless your deck in specifically vulnerable to limited control, she really doesn't fit anywhere.

Moto Muck
White Guard

Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:48 pm

my problem with her is the trait doens't fit the reaction- why would i ever put anything on her, even a 0G item when it will prob be destroyed when i use her rxn (unless it raises her PH i suppose but most of those items have sucked in the past)

that being said i can see her in big unique decks to stave off control/dishonor crap on your important guys

Shinjo Dun
White Guard

Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:10 am

Moto Muck wrote:my problem with her is the trait doens't fit the reaction- why would i ever put anything on her, even a 0G item when it will prob be destroyed when i use her rxn (unless it raises her PH i suppose but most of those items have sucked in the past)

that being said i can see her in big unique decks to stave off control/dishonor crap on your important guys
In Diamond, I played him in Shinden Horiuchi most of the arc... Generally, the items to attach to her of choice were Weapon Rack tokens.

reinoe
White Guard

Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:24 pm

Makes me wish Utaku Plains was reprinted instead of P.O.T.M. With that being said she's not good on the attack since she'll be bowed out afterwards and you don't want to attach anything to her to get the +1F 'cuz she'll be dead soon.

None of this would have mattered if she had -1GC, but then she might have been too good.

• Information