Ashigaru

Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:52 pm

http://imperialassembly.com/news.php?news=120

Min-Hee Sensei

+0
+0
+1

Unicorn Clan

Your Personalities will not move to battlefields without enemy units. You gain 1 more Honor for each card you destroy during battle resolution.

Battle,Image: Straighten your target Follower. If you have the highest Family Honor, you may take an additional action.

"You, my student, will learn by doing."

-------------
Courtesy of the Kobune Port.
Mantis Clan • Coyote • Shugenja • Earth • Trickster • Nonhuman • Spirit • Storyteller • Progressive
Why drinking and horses don't mix.
Image: The table is yours.

Shinjo Dae-Hyun
White Guard

Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:48 pm

Not what I expected out of our new sensei... but I like her!

Min-Hee definitely changes the way our military decks play. Thoughts?
Bushi • Commander • TacticianCavalry

Nomad Chronicler
White Guard

Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:27 pm

You cannot move to battlefields without enemy units, but you can still force sub-optimal play by assigning multiple places and choosing where to make your stand. This should be fine. I'm interested to see that our Commander and Battle Maiden sensei is one and the same, and the 5 starting Family Honor should be interesting to play. It certainly explains some of our higher-honor personalities recently. I'm a little sad that the extra action is bound to having higher honor, since it will not help at all against honor rockets. But eh.

Summary: Yeah, I'd build a deck around this.
Moto Khedai, WC IV

Wielder of too-many words.

"Khedai casts Castle of Earth, calling seven raises. Success. A massive, sturdy, imposing wall of text rises forth at his bidding."-Iuchi Chiwa

Moto Ess-Ry
Hohei

Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:50 pm

There's certainly a deck there. Dropping some of the blank expensive cav things for Okano, 20f battle maiden with a range attack and some other options that haven't been heavily considered.

Will fight better, but outmaneuver worse.

Iuchi Toshimo
White Guard

Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:56 pm

+1 PH!!!1!1!!
YAY!

Utaku Guilin
Ashigaru

Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:47 am

Three words: Modern Battle Maidens. Tying Crane for starting honor, and gaining buckets of honor every battle. If your army of three Maidens beats their tower unit of 3 cards and a spud, you gain 7 honor. Brutal.

Kakita Yuha
Eta

Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:41 am

Crane? I'm pretty sure we start at 6. Maybe you mean Dragon? Its a good Sensei, although it doesnt do much when you go second, it has no drawback, also makes easier to reach honor requirements.

Shinjo Dae-Hyun
White Guard

Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:08 am

Kakita Yuha wrote:Crane? I'm pretty sure we start at 6. Maybe you mean Dragon? Its a good Sensei, although it doesnt do much when you go second, it has no drawback, also makes easier to reach honor requirements.
Yeah, I think Dragon is what you meant.

Min-Hee definitely has potential.

Pros

+1 FH gives us the ability to start first against Dragon, Unicorn, Crab, Mantis, Scorpion, and Spider.

At 5 FH we're one proclaim away from anyone in our clan with above starting FH Requirement, like Naleesh or Kamoko.

Though the ability on Min-Hee is only a straighten against Lion, Phoenix, and Crane it will give us tempo in military match-ups against 6 other clans (us included).

Honor is a more viable switch condition since Min-Hee doesn't require keywords and board control to work like Tselu.

Cons

We can no longer take provinces unopposed. This is huge however I think the drawback could be worth it depending on how the deck develops. The ability to divide your opponents resources and force sub-optimal defense is still there however it will take more thought than before.

Cards like Accessible Terrain and Back to the Front will not work if there are no enemy units at the current battlefield. This isn't so much of a problem against military as it could be against Honor and Dishonor.

Feel free to add to this if there's anything that I missed.

Utaku Guilin
Ashigaru

Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:29 am

No, I meant Crane. I'm talking about the Modern format. POTM has a 5 starting honor, +1 makes 6.

kakita_shiro
Ashigaru

Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:13 am

Utaku Guilin wrote:No, I meant Crane. I'm talking about the Modern format. POTM has a 5 starting honor, +1 makes 6.
What Crane deck in Modern isn't running Embassy anyway?

Back to topic, I like it in a mixed infantry and Cavalry deck where you only really need Cavalry as a targeting keyword for effects like the Stronghold or Versatile Army- a deck that WANTS to be opposed and is looking to win a big battle.

Shinjo Dae-Hyun
White Guard

Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:45 pm

Utaku Guilin wrote:No, I meant Crane. I'm talking about the Modern format. POTM has a 5 starting honor, +1 makes 6.
Sorry, makes much more sense now! I've really gotta give modern a try; seems like fun.
kakita_shiro wrote:Back to topic, I like it in a mixed infantry and Cavalry deck where you only really need Cavalry as a targeting keyword for effects like the Stronghold or Versatile Army- a deck that WANTS to be opposed and is looking to win a big battle.
I'm looking forward to trying this out. It's practically been ingrained into my playstyle to avoid opposed battles until my 3rd attack however Min-Hee changes this completely. Since you can no longer avoid opposition is Min-Hee better geared toward an offensive build or the honor switch? I've only been playing since the tail end of Emperor (Coil Block) so I never got to play Battle Maidens, which she resembles most, so I don't really have much experience to base this build off of.

Iuchi Toshimo
White Guard

Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:38 am

Shinjo Dae-Hyun wrote:
I'm looking forward to trying this out. It's practically been ingrained into my playstyle to avoid opposed battles until my 3rd attack however Min-Hee changes this completely. Since you can no longer avoid opposition is Min-Hee better geared toward an offensive build or the honor switch? I've only been playing since the tail end of Emperor (Coil Block) so I never got to play Battle Maidens, which she resembles most, so I don't really have much experience to base this build off of.
People don't defend against attacks without a plan. The thing is, you can lose the whole game if you lose even part of your army. Sometimes "army hunting" is better than taking a province. Unicorn derives its power from the options double cav gives us. People wise to Unicorn know this and plan accordingly. Min-Hee's trait is a liability when you can't move away from a battle you will lose.

Now, Min-Hee tells you to fold your arms and slam your junk on the table. Get the jump on opposed battles during deck construction. Everyone should have a battle action, so no Okaiu, etc. That's not the style this deck is going for. You want attrition - Battle actions on the table and that get used first while you sculpt and maintain a good fate hand. While this is generally true for all military, our personality base makes it particularly difficult for us.

Once that base is together, you'll have a better idea whether the deck wants to be pure military or switch. Welcome to playtesting!

MotoKCi
White Guard

Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:47 am

I'm neutral about this card. Losing early unopposed is bad against certain builds (e.g. Honour running, attrition military).

Fair to say an entire redesign of philosophy is needed to optimise this sensei. I picture a mix of the most efficient infantry/cav guys with range attacks and movement as the base, and cram in every 5ph personality I had discounted due to HR.
Serving the community

ThA Available Now!

New Zealand Kotei Winner 09,10,11,13,14,15
Best sportsman 2007

Moto Subodei
White Guard

Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:33 am

MotoKCi wrote:I'm neutral about this card. Losing early unopposed is bad against certain builds (e.g. Honour running, attrition military).

Fair to say an entire redesign of philosophy is needed to optimise this sensei. I picture a mix of the most efficient infantry/cav guys with range attacks and movement as the base, and cram in every 5ph personality I had discounted due to HR.
This sums it up for me. It is a new approach to building decks, which is good. I like that it supports two themes at the same time. The thing with the drawback though is I don't think it drastically hurts either the commander or battle maiden deck that much. I think for the strong big unit cav decks though, you are better at sticking with taitaken sensei.

Some of the commander personalities are infantry now, Paikao and the new fella jengzan, so your approach to that deck I think will be mid range deck.

The Bmaidens have the option to switch off it which is really nice. I think im going to build battle maidens out of it with lots of harpoon. It replaces ichigo, which is what I have been running a while now out of it, and it gives me access to personalities like kazue, who now has a box hr with it, which is pretty big.

RavenSoul
Nikutai

Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:35 am

Yup, 5 family honor is huge for personality selection.
The battle action is.... minimal is some cases and useless in others.
Remenbering the old mantra of: remove from play is better then destroy, wich is better then Ranged or melees, wichis better then send home wich is better then bow. This gives a bit more power to the lower spectrum, even if you consider there is a follower with repeatable RA. So it gives you some pocket change when you want a paycheck.
Im still not convinced it is fast enogh to survive the first opposed battle but it seems closer to Celestial where you emptied your hand to win one battle and that had to propel you to the win, else you got screwed.
Have to see how strong commander abilities can be here and if its worth anyway.

Edit: Question. If you sudden movement an unopposed personality does it go home or the whole action fails and it stays where it is because the other doesnt move?
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Chui • Reserve • Reverse-Destined

I was Ide Ibiki at WC IV

Shinjo Dae-Hyun
White Guard

Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:51 am

RavenSoul wrote:Question. If you sudden movement an unopposed personality does it go home or the whole action fails and it stays where it is because the other doesn't move?
If you're playing with Min-Hee sensei the action fails because the personality being moved in would be unopposed and her trait negates the movement of that personality; which in turn negates the effects of the action because both personalities must be able to move in order for sudden movement to resolve.

kakita_shiro
Ashigaru

Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:53 am

RavenSoul wrote:Edit: Question. If you sudden movement an unopposed personality does it go home or the whole action fails and it stays where it is because the other doesnt move?
The whole action fails.

Moto Ess-Ry
Hohei

Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:22 am

As a straight commander sensei, it's drawback (one of the proposed Onyx changes for the Cav mechanic) is pretty much worse than Taitaken or Aranai in every aspect except letting you first buy one relevant person.

For a new, battle maiden commander hybridsh punch your face over and over deck that just goes "all my guys are overcosted but whatever I've dealt with that on my non uniques for 20 years, why stop now", it's got potential.

JoshuaseK
Heimin

Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:30 pm

matrimony Advice from Recent Romantic Movies

This is not to say that movies are the best source of liaison advice but you have to admit that they may have some wisdom waiting to be gleaned.

We can get enough of movies that tackle love and romantic bonds because these subjects deeply resonate among humans regardless of time and space. Such is evident in some of the russian girls recent romantic movies that I had the chance to watch. curiously, The movies right here come from different genres, Employing narrative and filmmaking devices that are not traditionally used in romantic dramas. These movies are not necessarily n easy in conveying the moral of the story, And want to that the audience discerns the theme based on their subjective experience than to spoon feed it through the plot, Dialogues or characterizations.

And that exactly how I approached watching these movies and extracting the lessons discussed going over, Hoping that regardless of if you seen them, You could at least pick up something useful in how you deal with your own relationship dilemmas. It tells the story of a zombie who falls obsessed about a girl after munching on the brain of her ex. that's why, There dark romance and then there gory romance.

Now before I attain the lesson in all this, Let me just call to mind at least two things we know about zombies: (1) They become morally efficient feeding on people after losing their memories; or (2) They have particular cravings for human brain. R, Our contribute zombie, Went to hunt one day with a band of hungry corpses who knew well enough that they should stick together and were lucky to come across a team of human scavengers to feast on.

R, Who 's also our narrator, Helped themselves to its team leader, And Julie ex boyfriend, Perry. As he go after him, He shows us why the brain is one of delicious part of a human carcass. it seems like, As zombies eat human brain, They get possessed with sparks of their prey memory through dream sequences. So when R laid eyes on Julie rrmmediately after his meal, Perry's memory of her struck an association he could not explain. we all, pet owners, Call it love but for the lead zombie, It just an instinct to protect the girl and keep her safe home.

soon after Twilight moments and romantic comedy montages, It is revealed to us that as zombies continue to perceive and experience memories of love, They gain back astounding to speak and interact. Their hearts start dealing with again, They start assist and dreaming, subsequently, They get alleviated.

Taking this odd zombie plot as a metaphor to a dying correlation, We are told that maybe connections could turn sour as the years passed but this is not enough reason to give up on love. Try remembering the good times you spent with your partner and hope that reliving those moments could save romantic relationship.

Don get me wrong, Julie is not as na as bella swan. She went combined with R completely guarded. When she had the chance to escape from her zombie friend, She did not hesitate.

there are many reasons to hope for the relationship to stay afloat but remember that you have already managed to hurt each other before. That antagonism could still be there. Like julie, You should thread this risky path towards saving every thing has become with a guarded heart and brain. They travel to kauai of Mont St. Michel eventually, And inspired by the stuff that gets in your head when in such a splendid place, opt to move to the States (In oklahoma) With Marina 10 yr old daughter, Tatiana.

Neil works as an eco inspector. Things started off well for them but as he immersed in his field work, Marina and her daughter began feeling much more time alienated and bored in their new milieu. Marina found solace in the sermons of a parish priest (Bardem) Whose own devotion to his calling was being questioned. Coincidentally, Marina visa terminated, Which gave her no other choice but to fly to Paris.

endure, Neil had a chance meet up with with his old flame, anne (McAdams). He fell crazy about her just in time he heard from Marina who is alone now that Tatiana is sent to live with his father. Neil had to choose Marina who he married to fulfill a consignment he made not so long ago. But as she gets bored by the life of a housewife who does not know a thing or two about staying in a suburban home and who has frequently attempted to get away from it, What was once a separate love affair turned violent.

One lesson to take from this story is that you should avoid diving into a loving relationship with someone you are no longer in love with. But being in love is more advanced than loving someone. Science has explained to us clearly the distinction between the two. Falling in love occur in a fifth of a second. That spark turns into a feeling of affection almost just like addiction, Which eventually leads to a primal need to always be together, And there you are! A relationships.

But suddenly, You will lose the spark that created the relationship from the outset. What remains are the recollection (See the lesson from Bodies of the periods that you spent together. those memories, Consciously and subliminally, Remind you of the call you had. The thought of that connection makes you feel secure and content that you will try your best to keep romantic relationship as if it means survival for you. Although the actual result is not as gratifying, The film would at least amuse you with witty dialogues and great acting from veterans, Jeremy irons and Emma Thompson.

never mind the convoluted storytelling, Creatures is readily acknowledged as charming even for non teenagers. The main friendly characters pay homage to our lovable outcast stereotypes. you own Ethan, A well read junior relative to his small town standards in search for interesting things and dreams ukraina women to go out of town and explore the world. He meets a new student, mysteriously beautiful and shattered orphan, Lena, Who is now living with his uncle.

from here on, highschool dynamics play in, complete with your pretty and popular bullies. but of cheerleaders playing the role, Our bullies are a few conservative fundamentalist Christians who believe that Lena, The cousin of reclusive Macon Ravenwood, Is the devil incarnate turns out to be a half truth. Lena, Macon and a bunch of other personalities are creatures known as casters. ( actually, Is a derogatory time frame.)

Lena is the daughter of a dark caster whose power allows her to possess humans even without the her own body. when they turn 16, Female casters will be claimed by the sunshine or the dark based on their true nature. Lena is switching 16 when he met Ethan who, in addition to, Fell madly excited about her, And has fallen even more in love after finding out about her unnatural identity.

readily, You would think that the conflict would just spring out of Lena dark nature which Ethan refuses to believe she has despite her lineage and aloof individuality. But then as the story advances, We pick up that Ethan, the human, Is more fatefully a Lena story than he chooses to be. Skipping that story arc and more reversed twilight moments, We end up with Lena searching for a curse on her bloodline that will only end if someone she loves die before she is claimed. Skipping that story arc and more reversed twilight moments, We end up with Lena deciding to erase Ethan memory of their short lived special connection in her attempt to guard off the curse. And all the rest, You should really watch for yourself.

The last scenes of the movie show Ethan meeting Lena again and the first time at the public library before he goes on a trip to NYU for his college application. Everything seems to feel right now which includes the sudden surge of Lena related d vus he couldn explain. consequently, Our lessons.

Perhaps the complex plot and numerous sub plots are all portion of the metaphor that is young love. Both Ethan and Lena are young adults in quest of their identities. Finding each other dealing with their journeys was an awesome feeling but then again, It put a halt on their soul looking and completely muddled their vision.

Lena decided to sacrifice every thing has become to give her self the break she needed in order to accept her identity and patch things up with her past. She was literally on the brink of going dark but owing to her sound decision, he, Ethan and life are saved.

Giving up on every thing has become does not mean giving up on love. you must be strong enough as an individual so you can share a meaningful relationship with someone. Let go of a destructive romantic relationship and who knows when the time is ripe again to start anew.

JoshuaseK
Heimin

Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:31 am

Seeing and taking red

I've been thinking red lately. First, It was monitoring several cardinals at a bird feeder on a snowy day. the particular mildly subversive pleasure of using a red leather folder to hold my MESSIAH score, instead of the de rigueur black. Then the re introduction of my red snow boots, hot thai girls interesting (to the dogs) Harbingers of a snowy trip to the dog park. And the many shades of red in the festively garbed congregation at the Christmas Eve services at Plymouth congregational Church. in a health club don a bright red outfit of Irish chinese women wool for my musical duties a dense, Blanket like skirt and sweater that would maintain my core temperature if a power failure. this kind of year, adam Gertmenian, The resident minister, Upped the red content in the sanctuary by appearing in a fantastic new doctoral gown of brilliant locations scarlet, that included the enormous medieval hood hanging down the back and three black velvet chevrons on the billowy sleeves. the next day, I usual a glowing red gift from my sister in law: Awonderful vintage broochin the contour of acocktail glass, Formed by deep red rhinestones.

Red is associated with a lot of ancient magic, And celebrations of all kinds anywhere int he planet. Brides in ancient rome wore it, As do previous Chinese brides (except for those who've been seduced by the fairly recent tyranny of Western bridal white). It's the color for this butchest Greek god: Ares, The god of battle; And in the Judeo Christian convention, Is the color based on both the Whore of Babylon and Jesus Christ. it is sexy color, And space of martyrdom. you can't say that about blue.

I have a red loving friend who lives in fantastic Italianate home in Kenwood. The dining-room is red: deeply, ebony, royal red. It took numerous coats of paint to accomplish this saturated tone. The adjacent front room leaves the impression of Venetian gold, But one wall is dominated by a mysterious painting of red clad cardinals (The ecclesiastical multitude, Not the bird sort) with a scheming air. Their furtive look is stimulating in itself, But it's the red truly grabs the eye.

amigo and I share a love of a red cocktail, One I've enjoyed that was room, and keep my eye on those cardinals. I can get the cocktail and the cardinals into a single gaze by lifting my glass in their location, As if toasting her plot. The Negroni isn't especially a "family vacation" cocktail, Although its comprehensive forensics education bitterness and sweetness describes a lot of people's experience at this time of year. It's certainly the reddest of cocktails, selection, If prepared with its original size. Occasionally I take a risk and order one in a bar, And regularly have to send it back for repairs usually because it's a glass of gin with the teensiest amount of the reddening (And flavor) substances. My theory is large amounts of bartenders just dislike Campari, And can't imagine why you will want it in your drink, Just as they have the concept dry vermouth is some kind of poison which must be kept behind the bar for some arcane reason, But never ever before used in a Martini. Paul's Lowertown. they a nice list of aperitivi there: The vermouth differences (st. Raphal and Punt e mes) And various Campari drinks, the particular gentler Americano (Campari and sweet vermouth on the rocks with soda and a lead pages of orange) And Campari charge. As I call to mind, That Negroni was made with the classic shapes and sizes, on the menu on the rocks (Also old fashioned), And garnished with a wheel of orange. I like mine strained into a cocktail glass today, But the summertime it's very nice on ice. in either case, It flavors like RED.1 ounce gin

1 oz. Campari

1 oz juicy vermouth

Stir pretty likely with ice (That continues it clear, But rrt is possible to shake it if speed is your aim), And strain into a chilled beverage glass. Garnish who has a thin wheel of orange, Or a overlook of orange rind, Squeezed and dropped into that coffee. alternately, Serve on the rocks with a wedge of orange constricted over and dropped into the glass.

• Information