[EP] Evil Portents Unicorn Previews

Moderators: Ide Yesugei, Shinjo Dun, Shinjo Magistrates

Nomad Chronicler
White Guard

Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:30 am

Yup. All of the downsides of his Inexperienced version's bow are now additional opportunities.
Moto Khedai, WC IV

Wielder of too-many words.

"Khedai casts Castle of Earth, calling seven raises. Success. A massive, sturdy, imposing wall of text rises forth at his bidding."-Iuchi Chiwa

MotoKCi
White Guard

Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:02 am

Wow, that makes him... pretty strong.
Serving the community

ThA Available Now!

New Zealand Kotei Winner 09,10,11,13,14,15
Best sportsman 2007

Shiba Gunichi
Ji-Samurai

Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:17 am

It do indeed.

Shinjo Eisai
White Guard

Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:19 am

Moto Ess-Ry wrote:I'm getting really tired of 3f guys for 8, and annoyed at 3f guys for 7.
This.
Moto Ess-Ry wrote:Death priest is good. Battle maiden is over box honor and completely inefficient, but can kill some naked things and the lower end followers. Chinua is another not dash honor requirement force inefficient guy with a battle action that isn't going to work against the thing we're going to see a lot of with EP legal. Honor as a keyword makes me want to throw things at Reese.
And this. Love the Death priest except for the 3F for 8. Also tired of getting inefficient over-box guys (Yabusame). Also have to note that all of our guys shown here are 3 chi or less in the set where there's an open that kills 3 chi guys.

I have to say, another set where I'm not impressed. The past few have made me not even particularly interested in trying out new decks.
WC2: Ide Masaki
WC3: Yoritomo Tarao
WC4: Ide Tadan

Horiuchi Meimei
White Guard

Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:52 pm

It doesn't take much investment to protect a 3C guy from the new kill action so that doesn't bother me too much. And if the opponent wants to spend 10G to kill one of our naked 6-9G guys, we're usually getting the better end of that deal.

Chinua's fairly priced for a good battle action that hits a lot of targets, the Death Priest is Navalry, the infantry guy is really good for less-mobile decks, and the Magistrates might be enough to make defensive honor Tselu into a contender. Not a lot of plug-n-play for our existing decks but definitely some good stuff to go in new directions.
"The Mantis have power over thunder and lightning but there is more to the storm than that."

2012 Thunder Bay Kotei Winner
2013 Minneapolis Kotei Winner
2014 Green Bay Kotei Winner
2014 Thunder Bay Kotei Winner
Lots of t16/t8 and a few t4

Nomad Chronicler
White Guard

Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:51 pm

Heck, the new infantry guy gives us a good option for Defense. Since he gives all his cav followers Resilient, you can throw him on a province for dummy force to prevent a break once per game. That's nothing to scoff at. And if that turns out to be really strong, we could run Camel Mounts and bring him into the Cav game. They aren't a bad follower at all really, and come with a movement trick.
Moto Khedai, WC IV

Wielder of too-many words.

"Khedai casts Castle of Earth, calling seven raises. Success. A massive, sturdy, imposing wall of text rises forth at his bidding."-Iuchi Chiwa

Tinyozora
White Guard

Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:44 pm

yeah...Chinua is pretty nifty
Shinjo Ozora
Unicorn Clan * Samurai * Historian

Ide Eien - WC II
GM Team - WC III
Iuchi Wattu - WC IV

Moto Subodei
White Guard

Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:06 am

Shinjo Eisai wrote:
Moto Ess-Ry wrote:I'm getting really tired of 3f guys for 8, and annoyed at 3f guys for 7.
This.
Moto Ess-Ry wrote:Death priest is good. Battle maiden is over box honor and completely inefficient, but can kill some naked things and the lower end followers. Chinua is another not dash honor requirement force inefficient guy with a battle action that isn't going to work against the thing we're going to see a lot of with EP legal. Honor as a keyword makes me want to throw things at Reese.
And this. Love the Death priest except for the 3F for 8. Also tired of getting inefficient over-box guys (Yabusame). Also have to note that all of our guys shown here are 3 chi or less in the set where there's an open that kills 3 chi guys.

I have to say, another set where I'm not impressed. The past few have made me not even particularly interested in trying out new decks.
Eh what?
ThA gave us access to a heap of reserve personalites, which I have built a new deck from. This set has a sensei that allows Bmaiden switch decks and conqueror support, that is 3 decks in 2 sets. What more do you want?

I find it incredible that someone could think that a 3f naval cav personality with an ability for 8g isn't good enough. This batch of personalities are really quite good and cover a lot of bases.

Some people are just never happy.

• Information