Unicorn Previews tommorow!

Moderators: Ide Yesugei, Shinjo Dun, Shinjo Magistrates

Moto Seals
Emerald Champion

Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:19 am

What do you want to see? What will we actually see? What do you want the Sensei to do?

BASELESS SPECULATION GO! :lol:

Moto Seals
Emerald Champion

Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:20 am

For me we need more 3Chi -HR Samurai guys.

Can cost 15+ gold.

Please.

:lol:

RavenSoul
Nikutai

Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:13 am

TL;DR:
More Shuggies!
More Maidens!
Less Cops (... the police?)

I think we have a strong base right now, with a few different competitive decks. Some resilience to dueling (Seal's 3+Chi) would be perfect, yes, but Im not counting on it. That -HR I really hope we get a few, it would be great and I think it can come around.
For funsies, I would like some more Shuggies or Maidens. I'm not really into MeiMei's Unicorn PD (as fun as it sounds, Lockdowns always bring a bit more anger to the game and eventually alot more counterlockdown, leading to an arms-race that escalates and doesnt bring anything new and fun) and got a bit tired of the honor runer Ide, and I did have some good fun with it.
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Chui • Reserve • Reverse-Destined

I was Ide Ibiki at WC IV

Shinjo Dae-Hyun
White Guard

Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:19 am

I'm pretty hype about tomorrow's previews!

As far as the Commander Sensei goes:

"Chagatai Sensei"

+0 PS
+0 G
+0 FH

Your Cavalry followers in/out of play have Reserve. After the action resolves from a card in your Commander's unit, or if it equipped a Follower to him, you may take an additional action which must come from a card in his unit or target your Commander.

Battle/Open, (bow): Target a Follower in your discard pile, put it into your hand.

As long as we get some support for follower archetypes I'll be content. Our decks are already competitive but I want something to give us a decisive edge in military match-ups. In addition to Cavalry of course... :lol:

My thoughts on personalities:

-I'd personally like to see a Shinjo Min-Hee Exp. but with her being up for grabs this season I doubt it. Keep your fingers crossed?
-We'll get at least 1 maybe even 2 Magistrates to finish off Tselu Sensei (with luck they might even have cavalry and a decent action)
-There's no doubt that we'll be getting 2 Commander personalities, 3 chi and a decent/interesting action would make them great.

I want to see 1 or 2 new Cavalry followers that are on the level of Junghar Regulars or Legion of the Khan and with the direction design team's been going lately I think it's possible. Look at the Thundering Death. I liked it on paper but once I tried it on the table I fell in love with it.

Oh and a weapon/item designed with Unicorn in mind. The fact that Reinforced Yari was previewed with our cards last set and we're not able to use it (usually) bothers me to no end.

That's about all I want, hopefully Evil Portents can deliver!
Bushi • Commander • TacticianCavalry

Iuchi Toshimo
White Guard

Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:35 pm

Shinjo Awesomesauce
0F 9C -HR 25GC 5PH

Awesomesauce's army wins all battles during battle resolution, regardless of force.

"Deez nuts"

Nomad Chronicler
White Guard

Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:30 pm

While I hope it is not the case, I think at least 2 of our preview slots are going to be taken up by the Evil Portents Commander Strats that were in Clan War.

I hope not, but it would fit our theme.

As for the sensei, maybe a rehash of Shinjo Min-Hee's EE ability?

Limited: Discard a Follower to draw a card.

Open: Put a target follower in your discard pile into your hand.
Moto Khedai, WC IV

Wielder of too-many words.

"Khedai casts Castle of Earth, calling seven raises. Success. A massive, sturdy, imposing wall of text rises forth at his bidding."-Iuchi Chiwa

Horiuchi Meimei
White Guard

Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:52 pm

Give me a 4F Cavalry Magistrate for >10G and I'll be happy. Would like to see another Maiden too. And if Magistrates are supposed to be a defensive honor deck then it needs a tool or two so that it can slow down and/or keep up with rocket honor decks. I'm excited to see what we get!
"The Mantis have power over thunder and lightning but there is more to the storm than that."

2012 Thunder Bay Kotei Winner
2013 Minneapolis Kotei Winner
2014 Green Bay Kotei Winner
2014 Thunder Bay Kotei Winner
Lots of t16/t8 and a few t4

Lammia
Ji-Samurai

Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:24 pm

Horiuchi Meimei wrote:Give me a 4F Cavalry Magistrate for >10G and I'll be happy.
Yes, please; It almost feels too much to hope we will actually get one. But we must have that hope...
I need to to give a huge (and rather late) thank you to all Winter Court 4 Unicorn players, especially our fearless leader. Thank you.

Utaku Yukino - WCIV

Shinjo soosun
Ashigaru

Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:54 pm

My guess (and hope) for our commander sensei is shinjo kinto. Commander of the 9th leigon, hes an important charicter and we dont have a legal version of him. And id hope that he supports the "mobile commanders" theme we have going, with giving followers reserve or something, or recursion.

RavenSoul
Nikutai

Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:29 am

We have movement in our box, so if we get a commie sensei, my hope is on recursion card draw or at least reserve, something to make extra followers useful in your hand.
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Chui • Reserve • Reverse-Destined

I was Ide Ibiki at WC IV

shibajhomer
Heimin

Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:16 am

Nomad Chronicler wrote:While I hope it is not the case, I think at least 2 of our preview slots are going to be taken up by the Evil Portents Commander Strats that were in Clan War.
You probably don't know this, otherwise you wouldn't have said it, but it is almost (never?) unheard of for AEG to reprint a card except in a base set, so your worries are totally unfounded.

kakita_shiro
Ashigaru

Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:23 am

You guys have some dudes on Oracle a little early.

Shinjo Dogenda
Shinjo Megura

Nomad Chronicler
White Guard

Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:14 pm

shibajhomer wrote:
Nomad Chronicler wrote:While I hope it is not the case, I think at least 2 of our preview slots are going to be taken up by the Evil Portents Commander Strats that were in Clan War.
You probably don't know this, otherwise you wouldn't have said it, but it is almost (never?) unheard of for AEG to reprint a card except in a base set, so your worries are totally unfounded.
Well, one of them was. I wasn't talking about reprints, I was talking about the Evil Portents legality cards in Siege: Clan War. Of which Superior Planning was.
Moto Khedai, WC IV

Wielder of too-many words.

"Khedai casts Castle of Earth, calling seven raises. Success. A massive, sturdy, imposing wall of text rises forth at his bidding."-Iuchi Chiwa

• Information