Evil Portents Spoilers

Moderators: Ide Yesugei, Shinjo Dun, Shinjo Magistrates

Shinjo Dae-Hyun
White Guard

Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:45 pm

A few spoilers from Evil Portents are up. Check them out on Oracle of the Void or here:

http://www.spiderclan.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1760

The two cards that stand out for me are Necessary Sacrifice and Superior Assault for Unicorn Commanders. Can't wait to see what the sensei does for us.
Bushi • Commander • TacticianCavalry

Nomad Chronicler
White Guard

Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:40 pm

Fearless followers are the go-to tools for TF Commanders it seems. Fearless Heavy Cav will kill 1 4F attachment, bow another, and straighten itself all from Superior Assault. I am excited.
Moto Khedai, WC IV

Wielder of too-many words.

"Khedai casts Castle of Earth, calling seven raises. Success. A massive, sturdy, imposing wall of text rises forth at his bidding."-Iuchi Chiwa

Shinjo Dae-Hyun
White Guard

Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:15 pm

Nomad Chronicler wrote:Fearless followers are the go-to tools for TF Commanders it seems. Fearless Heavy Cav will kill 1 4F attachment, bow another, and straighten itself all from Superior Assault. I am excited.
That combo is too good to pass up. Any deck that runs Shrine to Hachiman can also pull that off however it isn't nearly as efficient in tempo or in terms of resources.

Looking at the current meta you could play Standing Fast and on your next action play Necessary Sacrifice, interrupt with Fearless Heavy Cavalry or Trained Horseman, bow them and take an additional action to play Standing Fast a second time. That's value! Though I would prefer Superior Assault since it doesn't require another strategy to be played before it.
Bushi • Commander • TacticianCavalry

• Information