Siege: Clan Wars - Otaku Kamoko, Seven Thunder

Moderators: Ide Yesugei, Shinjo Dun, Shinjo Magistrates

RavenSoul
Nikutai

Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:04 am

Well, lets put it this way: What do you want to see on your first turn? Gold. Plenty of it. Specially if you want to bring expensive personalities into play later on.
For this you need to cycle agressively to get good starting gold. So you really do not want to have any personalities up when you cycle the first (and maybe only) time.

Now, for personalities: you have Kazue (5hr) Izimi (8hr) and 4 uniques over starting honor (of wich only one is 5) . Taking into account you probably want a 3PH lineup, your other options are Saeki (nice), Sakiko (nice), Zo Sia (optimal for a 8 honor at turn 3) and Masako. So, seriously, optimally, you get TotHC and a ToD first turn, TIC on your opponent's turn. So you have 10 gold to spend turn 2, 5 goes to Zo Sia, other 5 you get... idk, a stables and whatever 3-for-3. Thats exactly 16gold on turn 3 to buy Kamoko. As you can see, you need to hit 3 out of 4 two times in a row to get 1 personality out but turn 3. And thats it, 1. And she doesnt even solo provinces (actually, if you can use TIC's gold during opponents turn, it may be possible), but yes, she MAY destroy someone on the attack, granting you some honor from Ichigo, during turn 4. Either way, I dont feel that to be too consistent and, whats worse, this isnt Force efficient, so you probably lose 90% of the games against honor runners. And there is not too much you can do to meta against honor runners, and some decks even run anti-events to screw that up too.
I do want to play this, but I am ready to see it lose more then half the time. And thats not something I want to take to a tournament.
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Chui • Reserve • Reverse-Destined

I was Ide Ibiki at WC IV

Moto Seals
Emerald Champion

Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:44 am

My favorite part is after spending all this effort to get her out, you finally get to your turn to finally attack with her and use her ability to one shot the guy your opponent just brought out and then your opponents like "VTD her ability away"

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Moto Shintomo
Gunso

Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:20 am

You know, if she had Reserve, I could almost justify putting her in a deck, because she would make an awesome edition at the last battle. I would pay 16 for that if I can drop it in the middle of a battlefield.

RavenSoul
Nikutai

Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:00 am

That would be something else entirely, not an honor deck. Meaning Zo-Sia probably would not get included and therefore, no turn 3 purchase. Possibly not even turn 4, due to the need for higher Force sooner. So I see no good reason to add her in the deck anyway.
Tweaking a deck to get her reserve (either with fate or Dynasty cards, probably Dynasty) will make the deck more inconsistent overall... but I do want to try that out, now that you have said it ^^. So, whats that? Maiden agressive, using force pumps, the stablemaster isntead of Chiwa and pray you can get the 4th province before they find an answer against you?
As Seals pointed out, VTD is everywhere and would ruin your expensive momentary fun. And then along comes New Alliance to nail it home further. Thats why "dumb force" decks are so prolific and getting so many wins.
So, what else can we explore on her? Duelist? You get better duelists for half the price. I dunno... she is pretty, I might just hang her somewhere.
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Chui • Reserve • Reverse-Destined

I was Ide Ibiki at WC IV

Shinjo Dae-Hyun
White Guard

Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:14 am

The military build I'm currently playing puts Naleesh into play around Turn 4-5 which means Kamoko can be purchased on the same turn or reserved in the next. However Naleesh is still able to solo provinces by herself which is why she is the stronger of the two.

I'm still going experiment with Kamoko in the build because I think her ability is enough to give her a chance, whether or not she proves to be effective enough to stay in remains to be seen. Against honor and dishonor by the time she enters play the game should be decided but against military she could swing games in your favor when taking the 3rd-4th province.
Bushi • Commander • TacticianCavalry

MotoKCi
White Guard

Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:01 am

Still think she's sh*t, I hope I'm wrong
Serving the community

ThA Available Now!

New Zealand Kotei Winner 09,10,11,13,14,15
Best sportsman 2007

• Information