[THA] Thunderous Acclaim Unicorn Previews

Moderators: Ide Yesugei, Shinjo Dun, Shinjo Magistrates

Shinjo Dae-Hyun
White Guard

Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:46 pm

Nomad Chronicler wrote:Utaku Zo-Sia has a very specific use: Taken Hostage.

Using Taken Hostage, you can pop her yourself for a -6 Force Penalty, and then just bring her back and proclaim that delicious 4 honor again
Hadn't even considered that until now. Wheels Within Wheels is the first card that came to mind after seeing Zo-Sia. I wish she had the Imperial keyword for flavor.
Bushi • Commander • TacticianCavalry

Nomad Chronicler
White Guard

Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:53 pm

Shinjo Dae-Hyun wrote:
Hadn't even considered that until now. Wheels Within Wheels is the first card that came to mind after seeing Zo-Sia. I wish she had the Imperial keyword for flavor.
Oooh, Wheels is a good one too. There are a few ways to get a lot of mileage out of her.
Moto Khedai, WC IV

Wielder of too-many words.

"Khedai casts Castle of Earth, calling seven raises. Success. A massive, sturdy, imposing wall of text rises forth at his bidding."-Iuchi Chiwa

RavenSoul
Nikutai

Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:34 pm

Wheels within Wheels also if you manage to make the deck a Turbo honor of some sort. I can see her making some people try the Takeru decks on other styles, but still not very much into it, as any of this out of Phoenix just seems better, they can do it all day from their SH and can even use 2 spells that make all the difference in speed, I think. (the +1 to the honor in holdings and the one vs honor, with Karmic).

PS: MAYBE, just maybe, our extra PS can win a couple game and round that out, but... honor vs honor they still gona win.
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Chui • Reserve • Reverse-Destined

I was Ide Ibiki at WC IV

Tinyozora
White Guard

Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:13 pm

With courage beyond question so common, Taken Hostage is a gamble IMO
Shinjo Ozora
Unicorn Clan * Samurai * Historian

Ide Eien - WC II
GM Team - WC III
Iuchi Wattu - WC IV

Moto Shintomo
Gunso

Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:44 am

Tinyozora wrote:With courage beyond question so common, Taken Hostage is a gamble IMO

How about Serenity?

Shinjo Kairu
White Guard

Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:53 am

It's too bad that neither Gempukku nor Miryoku no Shima can give her courtier, if you could give her courtier An Act of Disdain would work amazingly with her.

Who knows might even see her in other clan decks if Oath of Fealty's clan alignment stays when she leaves play. I can see it now...Oath of Fealty, wheels within wheels/taken hostage, resurrection, then recruit with Makoto's bonus for 5 honor gain, a bit janky though...
I shall act as Shinjo's jitte, breaking the sword of any who would harm her people.

Shinjo Kairu
White Guard

Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:00 am

Or better yet if you were running spider honor using Oath of Fealty and then using Susumu Takuan's ability.
I shall act as Shinjo's jitte, breaking the sword of any who would harm her people.

Moto Seals
Emerald Champion

Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:27 am

Moto Shintomo wrote:
Tinyozora wrote:With courage beyond question so common, Taken Hostage is a gamble IMO

How about Serenity?
Requires the Samurai trait. Wish she cost 2 more and had Destined.

Moto Shintomo
Gunso

Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:56 am

Did not realize she wasn't a samurai. Nice target for Gempukku though. :D

Moto Seals
Emerald Champion

Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:03 am

Moto Shintomo wrote:Did not realize she wasn't a samurai. Nice target for Gempukku though. :D

Shinjo Kinou
White Guard

Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:53 am

Right now I look at Zo Sia as a new Shinjo Shono (basic version). Not really anything to write home about, but could be the foundation for some really cool experienced versions of a great storyline personality.

• Information