Tselu Sensei

Moderators: Ide Yesugei, Shinjo Dun, Shinjo Magistrates

Ide Yesugei
White Guard

Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:03 am

Always good to sneak a peek at the future....
Diplomat * Host * All around fun guy

"Smiling makes me happy and others nervous"

evilmerlin
White Guard

Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:01 am

I bet this sensei won't see use until 2 sets in. Unless almost every single Unicorn personality in 20F is a magistrate.

Tinyozora
White Guard

Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:04 am

It seems they want us to play underhanded magistrates that use dishonorable tactics to win militarily. Seems overly complicated. We'll see with the 20F I guess.
Shinjo Ozora
Unicorn Clan * Samurai * Historian

Ide Eien - WC II
GM Team - WC III
Iuchi Wattu - WC IV

Jordan
Heimin

Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:10 am

It's an open bow. Gets rid of their biggest defenders. If you have something that dishonors on your turn, you can remove 2 defenders from assigning.

Shinjo Kinou
White Guard

Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:41 am

I feel that the strength of this card relies not in how many many magistrates we have in the deck, but in how consistently we can dishonor opponent personalities. You only need 1-2 mags on the board to power the sensei, but if you only get 1 person dishonored then it doesn't matter how many magistrates we have.

Plus, it has a built-it means of competing with honor decks, which seems to imply that it will be an honor-military theme that uses dishonor as support. If this is an honor-ish theme, then it makes me nervous that we might not be getting battle maidens back.

Tinyozora
White Guard

Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:46 am

I think that is more dishonor meta than honor meta. Honor rockets still will rocket. It keeps us from being knocked around by dishonor decks. Which is funny as unicorn never really ever had much of a problem with them anyways.
Shinjo Ozora
Unicorn Clan * Samurai * Historian

Ide Eien - WC II
GM Team - WC III
Iuchi Wattu - WC IV

Shinjo Hughes
White Guard

Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:04 am

There are a lot of good Out of Clan Magistrates with 4 or Less HR. There could be a deck out of the gate in 20F.

I'm tempering my expectations until we have a repeatable dishonor action though.
Unicorn Clan•Samurai•Brigadier General•Exp 2•Paragon•Battle Madman

ImageImage

kakita_shiro
Ashigaru

Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:45 am

Shinjo Hughes wrote:There are a lot of good Out of Clan Magistrates with 4 or Less HR. There could be a deck out of the gate in 20F.

I'm tempering my expectations until we have a repeatable dishonor action though.
Slanderer? :lol:

Ide She-Fa
White Guard

Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:41 pm

Shinjo Hughes wrote:There are a lot of good Out of Clan Magistrates with 4 or Less HR. There could be a deck out of the gate in 20F.

In Clan, don't forget Shinjo Saeki is a magistrate. That'll give us 4 cards that we know of out the gate. There's also Arrival of the Ivory Champion. (And a lot of the current Magistrate actions also work with Courtiers so we have Ide to back them up)

Expensive, but Bayushi Shizuka might be worth it for the dishonoring.

Horiuchi Meimei
White Guard

Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:54 pm

Repeatable Action Phase control is super sexy with Cavalry so I hope our Magistrates can ride, or at least provide good backup for those who can.
"The Mantis have power over thunder and lightning but there is more to the storm than that."

2012 Thunder Bay Kotei Winner
2013 Minneapolis Kotei Winner
2014 Green Bay Kotei Winner
2014 Thunder Bay Kotei Winner
Lots of t16/t8 and a few t4

evilmerlin
White Guard

Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:14 pm

Need another set of magistrates and some form of repeatable dishonour action other than Slanderer. The Ide I doubt would work in this deck and it seems primarily a military deck.

I have this nagging suspicion that we'll be forced to pack 2x Slanderer and 3x Small Time Bully in this deck...

Or perhaps need to use some shugenjas to use Secrets on the Wind.

Moto Seals
Emerald Champion

Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:14 am

I doubt this will be ready to go out the gate. Looks to be an honor theme. Wish it didn't rehonor the guy each time you used it makes you work harder to get it's full effects. Secrets of the wind might not be a bad call for dishonoring guys, especially if you work in the spell that straightens a sensei so you can abuse this each turn.

evilmerlin
White Guard

Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:01 am

Kinda hard to gain honour isn't it? When the honour gain is only if the opponent has higher honour than you.

Iuchi Toshimo
White Guard

Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:06 am

Yeah, seems that it is:
- primarily a military sensei and
- lets your switch deck keep up with pure honor or
- generally protects you a bit from dishonor but

On the other hand, a Brotherhood Sensei deck is likely going to spring fully formed from 20 Festivals.

evilmerlin
White Guard

Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:16 pm

There is a Brotherhood Sensei deck out of Unicorn?!

Iuchi Toshimo
White Guard

Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:25 pm

Why would that be a surprise? We have a good shug deck(s.)

Why not add a permanent RoA? //and then run RoA//

It only gets better with our upcoming SH nerf and we can just plan around 4GP all game.

Shinjo Kinou
White Guard

Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:46 am

Iuchi Toshimo wrote:Yeah, seems that it is:
- primarily a military sensei and
- lets your switch deck keep up with pure honor or
- generally protects you a bit from dishonor but
I completely agree that it is primarily a military deck, but if it wasn't designed to use/switch honor then why would you even bother keeping up with pure honor decks? The way that it interacts against pure honor implies that it will already be pressuring them to hit 40 first. Also, our magistrates (and courtiers who would be most likely to support them) have 3 PH. Don't forget that many of the versatile courtier/magistrate actions have the "someone gains or loses honor" effect on them. Finally, rehonoring a 0 or 1 PH scorpion or crab courtier isn't going to do very much to combat dishonor. Sure, every bit helps, but I feel that the real intent of the honor gain on the sensei is to put us on even ground with pure honor decks for an honor victory.

RavenSoul
Nikutai

Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:35 pm

Will think of it for fun (mag + shuggies) but for now, Ill keep my Brotherhood. Still a shuggie deck, and I dont normally like those very much, but I will have to stick with it, i think.
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Chui • Reserve • Reverse-Destined

I was Ide Ibiki at WC IV

Ide She-Fa
White Guard

Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:11 am

Political Standoff might be fun, if not tourney viable.

Shinjo Dae-Hyun
White Guard

Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:42 pm

After looking at Tselu Sensei I'm optimistic going into 20 Festivals.

Going to run 3x Summer Court for sure.

Your Past and Discovering the Shakuhachi immediately come to mind as potential ways to get extra mileage out of Tselu while pressing the advantage.
Bushi • Commander • TacticianCavalry

• Information