[ALitS] Follower: Legion of the Khan

Moderators: Ide Yesugei, Shinjo Dun, Shinjo Magistrates

How do you feel about this card?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:52 pm

Excellent: I love you more than bacon!
24%
Very good: I want to live out my days with it
43%
Above Average: This card is a Shinjo Steed, stronger than the average Rokugani pony but still second to the Otaku warhorse.
33%
Average: A fine card, but it lacks any obvious strengths.
No votes
Poor: I would run 40 of these in a deck just to be DQ'd before having to play it
No votes
WTF?: Attempts Seppuku. Fails.
No votes

Total votes: 21
Ide Yesugei
White Guard

Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:52 pm

Initial Thoughts: Tough to kill draw a card upon entry. I could do worse. sadly though lacks the raw force to gold to be a real wow, still rather good though and may be an Ivory 2 power house.
Diplomat * Host * All around fun guy

"Smiling makes me happy and others nervous"

Tsuruchi Nakata
Hohei

Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:07 am

Ide Yesugei wrote:Initial Thoughts: Tough to kill draw a card upon entry. I could do worse. sadly though lacks the raw force to gold to be a real wow, still rather good though and may be an Ivory 2 power house.
I guess the gold cost takes into account the Destined tax. I like this one a lot. 3F, hard to get rid of, Ranged 3 and replaces itself in your hand, what's not to love? It's not like 8Gold for 3F is a lotconsidering all the money we got anyway... :)

Moto Ess-Ry
Hohei

Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:25 am

I would like to like this more.

The -2 blanket makes it interesting for the time being, especially if Deliberations/Unholy Strike arent reprinted (So many cards in this set have evaluations for Extended / Standard / strict that are miles apart), but we're seeing a lot of comparison murder effects that arent range or melee based, so 3f for 8g is incredibly hefty to swallow.

I hate overpaying for 3f and a draw action, but its been pretty popular.

Moto Eiji
White Guard

Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:30 am

8GC isn't unreasonable for Unicorn and it seems to be worth it with all of the reduction from the trait, destined, and the kill action. This will probably be a staple card for my builds when this set comes out depending on how much attachment kill persists.
Moto Eiji

Horiuchi Meimei
White Guard

Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:51 am

Like I said in the new Moto guy's thread, I'm not a fan of 3F for 8G but this is a rock solid follower. Serious resistance to Fear/Melee/Ranged is good, a very usable kill action is great, and Destined on top of that makes for the total package. I'm happy with this one.
"The Mantis have power over thunder and lightning but there is more to the storm than that."

2012 Thunder Bay Kotei Winner
2013 Minneapolis Kotei Winner
2014 Green Bay Kotei Winner
2014 Thunder Bay Kotei Winner
Lots of t16/t8 and a few t4

Moto Ess-Ry
Hohei

Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:52 am

Its going to be a quality replacement for Yomanari Archers for me, because Archers just flat out lose to Tested Blade, and I seem to have convinced everyone that Tested Blade is one of the best available attachments in Strict and next years standard.

(That doesnt mean i 'Like' anything thats less than 4f for 8g unless it does something amazing)

Br'nn
Ji-Samurai

Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:33 am

3F, a kill action without bowing, resistance to all kinds of attacks, and draw a card for 8g seems like a pretty good deal. The resistance, especially, is a nice bonus if you're spending this much on a Follower, as 3F is normally fairly susceptible. This should see some play.
Br'nn
Nonhuman • Ratling • One Tribe • Scavenger
Br'nn has +1F for each attachment in other players' discard piles.

Shinjo Silme
White Guard

Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:02 am

Solid to me too... might not make the cut as we have plenty solid followers already be there 3GC or 5GC but this one is the one i will think of it in every follower deckbuild.
"My deck needs to be about 20% cooler"
"Oh putain !" : tribute to Crabi, L5R World Champion 2012
Tournament results

Ryofu
White Guard

Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:10 am

The only reason why i do not rate this card as high as i would have normally is because of the myriad of ways to fear 3 and pump it with way of the spider.

But this follower will definitely fight with elephant cavalry for slots.

Shinjo Atreyu
White Guard

Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:26 am

Moto Ess-Ry wrote:I would like to like this more.

The -2 blanket makes it interesting for the time being, especially if Deliberations/Unholy Strike arent reprinted (So many cards in this set have evaluations for Extended / Standard / strict that are miles apart), but we're seeing a lot of comparison murder effects that arent range or melee based, so 3f for 8g is incredibly hefty to swallow.

I hate overpaying for 3f and a draw action, but its been pretty popular.
This.
Moto Ess-Ry wrote:Its going to be a quality replacement for Yomanari Archers for me, because Archers just flat out lose to Tested Blade, and I seem to have convinced everyone that Tested Blade is one of the best available attachments in Strict and next years standard.

(That doesnt mean i 'Like' anything thats less than 4f for 8g unless it does something amazing)
...and also This.

It's a strong card but either 1 more Force or 1 less Gold would have made this "Wow" instead of simply "Strong." Definitely still going into decks, though!
Jamie Vann - The Monstore - Montclair, California
CavalryTactician • Commander • Courtier • Imperial Explorer • Ki-Rin Clan • Samurai

MotoKCi
White Guard

Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:36 pm

Sad.... my card Yomanari Archers may become obsolete before i have a chance to test them out...

I like this overall package, worth considering if you want some really expensive attachments.
Serving the community

ThA Available Now!

New Zealand Kotei Winner 09,10,11,13,14,15
Best sportsman 2007

Shinjo Kinou
White Guard

Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:23 pm

I think that this will see a lot more use after Unsettling Gathering rotates out. I played Elephants this Kotei season, and I really hated it when people took them from me.

Iuchi Toshimo
White Guard

Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:19 pm

MotoKCi wrote:Sad.... my card Yomanari Archers may become obsolete before i have a chance to test them out...
Yomanri Archers is great in strict. Ajasu and Shrine to Hachiman combo with it very well in that format.

I think this new follower will be great in strict as well. With this and some ranged items, we might just enable some harpoon tricks with all the murder.

Shinjo Hughes
White Guard

Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:23 pm

Another reason to run stout heart in Strict. (negating 2 cards instead of just one is fun.)
The best 4 decks I've seen in Strict are heavy on fear effects. (some duels in two of them too.)
I think I fit 2 into my decks in Standard and definitely a playset in Strict/Ivory 2.
Unicorn Clan•Samurai•Brigadier General•Exp 2•Paragon•Battle Madman

ImageImage

• Information